Scots Club has recently unveiled a long awaited refurbishment, for members and visitors to enjoy. Arncliffe’s best small venue now offers you:
- A comfortable and elegant Lounge Bar
- An outdoor smokers terrace
- A TAB lounge with 16 screens and all the latest technology
- 3 Olives, our brand new dining facility, offering sensational Greek and European cuisine with flair
- Large windows throughout the club to provide natural light
We have also added
- A new entry foyer and reception area complete with escalators and a lift to the first floor
- A Functions room seating up to approximately 160 guests
- Sporting memorabilia display
Join now and enjoy being a part of our great little Club, right on your doorstep.
Origin of the name ‘Scots’
Post War Rebirth of the Rugby League Club – 1947
The Formation of Arncliffe Scots Licensed Club – 1960
In 1960 it was suggested that Arncliffe Scots purchase premises to start a Registered Club. After much debate regarding the site for the Registered Club, a site became available alongside Arncliffe Railway Station in Burrows Street. The cost of the property was 15,000 pounds, a huge sum in those days, especially for a Rugby League Club that invested every penny into player development and had no money at the end of each season. The Directors of St George Leagues Club were approached to purchase the Arncliffe Scots premises and after a short meeting decided to support the venture fully.
Scots Club Today
After facing many challenges over the past decade, such as demographic, geographic and legislative changes, Scots Club has recently completed a major refurbishment of our premises. This work has significantly improved the Club environment and now offers premium facilities including Function Facilities and Two Barrels Bistro, a new and improved dining experience for members. Our refurbished premises are now open for your enjoyment and include an outdoor terrace, new bar and lounge and TAB facilities with the latest technology.